Horizontal Integrating Activities
Activities to Spread Excellence
Invitation to join us at ICL 2004 in Villach, Austria at 29/9by Margit Hofer, 18. 8. 2004
Bernd Simon and Fridolin Wild (both Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration) are offering a pre-conference tutorial about sharing academic knowledge resources for research and education with EducaNext at the 7th International Conference on Interactive Computer-Aided Learing 2004 in Villach (Austria).
The tutorial will be co-hosted by the ProLearn project, which will enable ProLearn Associated Partners to apply for a travel grant in the maximum amount of 500 EUR per institution until 15th of September. You can apply for ProLearn Associated Partnership site.
“Secure Exchange of valuable Knowledge Resources the EducaNext approach”
at the ICL 2004 in Villach, Austria
on 29th of September 2004, 13:00 17:00>
(You can find the registration button at the end of the page or at the conference home page)
(1) starting with a compact report about current research results in knowledge sharing over the web, in which key success factors are identified, new perspectives on knowledge sharing through a social capital lense
(2) followed by an extensive demonstration and practical exercise in using the exchange portal for learning resources EducaNext. EducaNext currently holds about 500 Learning Resources and 1200 user registrations.
(3) the tutorial closes with an outlook
on future advances and the next steps in further development, such as:
- The Simple Query Interface, a critical component for building Educational Semantic Networks (more at: http://rubens.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/vqwiki-2.5.5/jsp/Wiki?LorInteroperability)
- Upcoming improvements of the Universal Brokerage Platform
- Status quo of the foundation process of an EducaNext association
It is possible to bring your own valuable knowledge resources with you and get them immediately on-line.