22. 10. 2006
October 22-25, 2006
Fairmont Banff Springs Resort
Banff, Alberta, Canada
mLearn 2006, the 5th World Conference on Mobile Learning, will fulfill the need for stimulating critical debate on and research into theories,
approaches, principles and applications of mobile devices for promoting learning. mLearn 2006 will provide an opportunity for professionals from
industry, as well as researchers, educators, students, technologists and practitioners, to share their knowledge, experience and research in the various areas where mLearning is applied. The conference will also serve as an opportunity to promote mLearning.
Abstract Submission Deadline: May 31, 2006
Notification of Acceptance: July 31, 2006
Long Paper Presentation
Short Paper Presentation
"Papers on the Fly"
Call for Submissions - Deadline May 31, 2006
The objectives for the conference are to:
- Assist personal and professional development and the development of new skills for educators.
- Encourage the study and implementation of mobile applications in teaching and learning.
- Facilitate dialogue between technical experts and educators
- Facilitate networking, business and cooperative activities and partnerships.
- Facilitate dialogue and sharing among different cultures with regard to the optimum use of emerging technologies.
- Promote the development of mLearning, globally.
- Provide opportunities for graduate students to network and collaborate with experts in the mLearning field.
- Share local and international developments, experiences and lessons learned.
- Stimulate critical debate on and research into theories, approaches, principles and applications of mLearning.
Topics of interest include
Building and implementing mLearning strategies in educational institutions, corporations and government
Case studies in mLearning
Cost effective management of mLearning processes
Creating interactive and collaborative mLearning environments
Emerging hardware and software for mLearning
Evaluation in mLearning
Informal learning using mobile devices
Instructional design for mLearning
Intelligent agents for learning
Learning objects and metadata for mLearning
Mass personalization and socialization
mLearning and mTraining
mLearning in developing countries
mLearning management systems (mLMSs)
mLearning: the next generation
mLearning: theory and pedagogy
Open and distance learning (ODL) using mobile devices
Quality in mLearning
Social implications of mLearning
Student support in mLearning
For more information contact
Deborah Zornes, MA
Manager, Research and Academic Services
Office of Research Services
1 University Drive
Deadline Call for Papers:
31. 05. 2006
First Latin American Conference on Learning Objects - LACLO 2006 [ read more ]
International Conference on LEARNING COMMUNITIES [ read more ]
Workshop on contextualized attention metadata (CAMA2006) [ read more ]
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING FACTS 2006 [ read more ]
IST 2006 conference in Helsinki [ read more ]
[ more news & events ]
Search for learning objects